From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 18:32:20 -0700
CJ,
I got my issue of Ferrets, and read the story on Slim.

Why, you ask, just because it is who you are, if not you, then who would
take care of these guys?  Someone has to and rather be you than someone
who would just say, put them down, its just an animal.  They are living
breathing, loving fur beings, with personalities all their own, and some
of them far more , than many human beings we know, or have come in contact
with!  I am sure there are many of you, who can visualize @ one time in
your life, this scenario.

Think of this, all the furry bodies that will greet you someday, as you,
yourself cross that Rainbow Bridge, the celebration w/take a good long
time to wind down, and your heart / today will rest better knowing what
you have done.  Your earthly blessing are not always what we think we
would like, but being able to rest @ night is one of them, knowing we did
what we could, with what we had to offer.  Our daily lives are sometimes
so hectic, that we really do miss out on the blessings we receive
everyday.  I get ferrety kisses, and Remus jumps up and grabs onto my leg,
wanting, "Mommy to Play!" , the love i receive in return from my circus,
is rewarding, the kisses i get from the newest kid in the house, to the
longest resident.  They are my family, just as my husband, daughter, cats,
dog.  What they do for me, is to keep my blood pressure down, when work
seems to like to drive it up, up and up.  They are something to look
forward to, at the end of a long dreary day.  Even my Eppy, seems to know
when i come home?  For his return, i am always thankful.

Kudos to you, for just, hanging in there, we are all in for a long ride it
seems, and i hope we can pass this love for these wonderful little fellows
on, to the next generation, that they care enough to want to do what is
right, for them and all others too.  I know, you know deep down in your
heart, why you continue, because you love them, and they love you in
return.  it can be overwhelming, but they also distract the mind from
worldly things, that we have no control over either, we could be concerned
about all of that, they teach us to take life a day at a time sometimes.

I cannot imagine, 105?  ferrets already this year?  You are truly blessed,
with energy, and patience.

Sincerely
donna and the gang