From:
Sherry Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:09:24 -0700
I'm sorry - that doesn't sound like food aggression. I feed raw/whole
prey to 9, frequently by hand. It does remind me of my fear and temper
biters, so I'm wondering if he's got some sort of bad association with
something in the hand being lowered to him? Maybe from the pet store?
I do know some people at the stores will actually tease animals like
that. Giving and taking away. Or giving, and then "disciplining" for
the nips recieved because the kit is too young to know better. All I
can say is don't give it to him like that again? If you're giving the
treat, hand it to him in a different manner. Hope this helps, and I
know that it's just guess-work, but sometimes understanding what
motivates them when they bite is 90% of the work.

Sherry