From:
"D.M. Vickery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:10:40 -0700
Hi all,
First hugs and ferret kisses to all of those that have (or are owned) by
fuzzy ones that are sick or missing.

I am hoping that someone can help me out with a little problem I have.  I
am owned by three wonderful (they made me say that) members of the ferret
tribe, Tiki A. Ferret (a fixed male silver mit about 2.5 pounds), Pookie
Bear (a little chocolate sable about 1 pound) and Merlin (a deaf fixed male
panda about 1.5 pounds) they have all been with me since they were kits.

To make a long story short I just got married and my wife and I (through
ferret math) added a wonderful little boy named Patrick to our tribe
(Patrick is a fixed male sable now running about 2 to 2.5 pounds, Yes he
is going to be a big boy) The problem I am having is trying to integrate
patrick into the tribe.  When I try to introduce Pat to any of the other
ferrets they go right after him and the fur and other stuff flies.  I have
tried some of the ways that I know to get them assimilated but nothing
works, i am hoping that someone will be able to help me out.  What I have
tried is bathing them all together swapping the hammocks and blankets
introducing them separately, waiting until they are asleep and then putting
them together so far no luck.  I must admit it is funny to see a 2.5 pound
ferret run i terror from my little 1 pound female (but I do know that
little pookie has attitude, she also chases the others around too).  Poor
little Patrick just wants to play with the others and all they seem to want
to do is beat up on him, I know I raised my fur kids better than that.

So any ideas out there ?

Best of everything to you and yours (esp. you Sandie, keep up the great
work)

Dave, Ann Marie, Tiki, Pookie, Merlin, Patrick, and Harry and Pearl (the
two cats)