From:
Pereira Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 1995 14:56:21 -0500
hello again everyone
i was hoping to get some advice from other FMLers regarding food types.
when Calvin was living with my parents he was fed a generic supermarket
brand of cat food (unfortunately),. since ive had him here at home (with
me!!) i've had him on a cat food that the vet recommended for Sarah (our
cat). our vet said its a less expensive version of the Sience Diet cat
foods, anyway Cal seems to like it but he eats less than he used to (and
in turn goes to the washroom in smaller quantities:)) his energy level is
the same as before but i'm worried that he may not be eating enough...
any similar experiences/suggestions.
what is the best possible choice for ferret food that also
(unfortunately) fits into a student's (read poor) budget?
the stuff he's on now is called Performatrin...its a low ash/magnesium
diet for growing cats. it has no fake flavours or colours.
the crude protein is a min of 35% and the crude fat content is 20%
any advice is most welcome and thanked for in advance.

on the subject of treats Cal seems to really like
fruits...grapes,melons,berries  and citrus fruits you name it he'll sit
up for a nibble...my question is regarding fruits that may be unhealthy
for ferrets...particularly citrus fruits which for some reason i thought
might be too acidic for his stomach. any tips?

trying to get him off his sweet tooth right now, withdrawl can be a toughie.
He managed to get into various holiday treats (ie candycanes and
?NIBS..licorice candy) the day before i left for school i found him
chomping away in his stash under the bed ah well the joys of pilaging and
plundering  :)

cheers,
                        mike