From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:22:14 -0400
Flagstone has been battling cancer in his lungs for a few months now.  He
came to us from an animal control pound in April.  He had a really bad
cough so we took him in for x-rays.  The radiographs showed that he either
had phenomena or a mass growing in his lungs.  We tried antibiotics 1st
for a week.  When this didn't work, we realized that we were dealing with
something different.

Flagstone also had 2 lumps under his front legs.  We decided to remove them
and sent them to pathology.  They came back as cancer.  The cancer is so
aggressive that even the fat surrounding the lumps had cancer cells in it.

He continues to cough and is on a cough suppressant.  I don't remember
reading of anyone having a ferret with cancer in it's lungs, but I'd like
to hear from anyone who has any experience with this.  Maybe there is
something I cna use with him to make him feel better or to prolong his life.
He's still active and likes to play, but tires easily.  He's on Timmy's,
Silver, red clover, Essiac, Hydrazine sulfate, Po D'Arco and vit c.

Thank you.
Randy

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter by clicking here.