Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:47:30 -0300
I too had my ferrets creamated and this is what I had done for their final
resting place.

There is a company called 'Russ', they sell this little 'Pewter Apple
Trinket Box', item #173335.  If you can find a business that carries
Russ products, I am sure that they will be able to order it for you.  I
am most certain that you would be very happy in using it as an urn, my
sentiment was "Apple of my Eye" :o)

It is not a box per se, it is indeed spherical as an apple with a leaf/stem
combo top that lifts off.  I am most certain that if you saw this product
that you would indeed like it as an urn.  In Canada I paid roughly $20 for
the item including taxes.

Now if you plan on getting this item engraved upon, (it is engravable),
be careful.... it takes special equipment to engrave on a 'spherical'
surface.  I took Jade and Daisy's urn to a local business and they made a
royal mess of the urns.  I then took them to a pewtersmith person and she
buffed/grinded off the engraving, then I took them to an autobody shop and
had them spray painted a brilliant gold.  (The apple itself is not 'solid'
pewter, but you would never know it, unless you got into the mess that I
did.  That is why I had them painted gold.  So for the engraving, I found
a little keychain apple tag, (flat surface), this is what I had the
engravings done on and I hang it from the stem of the Apple urn.

You really would like it :o)

I went a little further and bought what I call my tombs and what they are
is.....Do you have a company called Regal or a Representative who sells
Regal products close to you.  From Regal I bought a wooden cube that you
can insert pics on all sides, (except for the bottom, its on a pedestal
that rotates).  The top lid lifts off, the apple urn fits very nicely
inside.  In Jade and Daisy's cube is the urn, some forget me not seeds a
coin for their birth month and death month, and a satin rainbow.

Anyway, this is just an idea for anyone who is looking for great way to
keep them ever so close forever.

Call me silly, but in the event of my death, the urns go with me, all of
them.

           Jadesun & Amber-Lynn
      missing Jade Elaine & Daisy Mai
     http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/jadesun