From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:15:41 -0500
A HUGE THANKS and Very Happy Holidays to those friends old & New who
ventured out on Saturday for the annual open house.!  It was wonderful
having all who could attend here!

The shelter received 6 bottles of laundry soap, 21 rolls of paper towels
a bag of TF and a bag of pellets for litter!  Such a wonderful donation
of support.  Judy & Christian were busy until 2 PM with folks in the
shelter- while shelter Dad and I kept busy serving food to visitors.

We were delighted to have a veterinarian travel down all the way from the
Bangor ME area to visit the shelter, meet the kids and say hello!  It was
a wonderful day!  The turkey was devoured enough that tomorrows project
is to cook up a pot of turkey soup!

Many folks picked up hammies for the Holidays - we say THANK YOU and
please enjoy them - currently hammie making is on hold while we complete
a large order of Funhouse tents for the Ferretstore!

Harry received a parcel and we will be giving him his secret Santa gifts.
After the years of sheltering it truly amazes and reinforces the obvious
facts that Ferret shelterers are needed.

Yesterday shelter Mom received a call form a NH cruelty investigator
working on a reported cruelty case.  It has taken some time and lots of
patience BUT when we can offer the resources for prosecution in these
instances -- it really makes the task worthwhile.  If the fur kids are
still alive- I believe we will be getting a call - we faxed 30 pages of
documentation plus provided reasonable common sense information for
assessment to the investigator.  Say your prayers for some cold little
ferrets in NH and hopefully the situation was resolved!

Again- for all who could venture out on a brisk but sunny day - our
pleasure- lets plan on another open house next year!

Alicia , shelter Mom
for Jerimiah & kids at
www.ferretwise.org

PS a BIG thank you to shelter friend April who arrived prior to our event
and dropped off a generous supply of nutrical, laxatone and A/D- We will
put this to very goods use caring for those who through no fault of their
own - arrive at Ferret Wise for rehabilitation care.

Bless you one and all!