From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2014 19:09:07 -0700
Hello folks especially those involved in the Cali Rescue/Education/etc
movement.

I need some help and I'm afraid we are already too late. It's been a
long time since I had any dealings with the Cali ferret situation, at
least a year or more.

I got an email today (Tuesday) from some people in Ventura County
whose ferret escaped their apartment and was turned in LAST Tuesday.
Reportedly they have been trying to find some one in Cali to help them
and struck out. They have not contacted Animal Control and are not even
sure which shelter the little guy is at. They are worried they will be
jailed and fined and still not have gotten the ferret to safety.

I returned their email and told them to go claim the ferret immediately
and notify the authorities he can/will be moved out of state. I am
hoping impound quarantine there is longer than the three days we have
here.

I'm willing to bet there is some one closer, more familiar with the
ins and outs of these situations that me. Please contact me via my
email address. I will be glad to keep your info protected and private.
Please, no guessing. Unless you know for fact, hold off. I will let
everyone know how this unfolds, as much as I can, when its done. But
we are out of time if we even have any left, and I don't want to send
them on any 'wild goose chases' due to inaccurate information.

Thank you,
Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
FurpeopleWeyr.com