From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:38:54 -0700
Hi,

My name is Munchkin, DMK. I currently reside at the Lake Road Ferret
Shelter in Naples , NY . Before I ride-ed with Ms. Renee and my other
DMK buddies to Naples, I lived-ed with Cindy and Tom Scheidt when they
helped-ed so many of us DMK kids find better homes. Back then, I was
an a'scared little ferret. I was so confused with my BIG life change,
I bite-ed Ms. Cindy all the time. Even the chocolate band aids and
special anti-ferret biting hand puppet she got in an emergency first
aid kit did not help for I was toooo a'scared back then. I was just too
a'scared and confused to trust anyone. Poor Cindy and Tom were getting
really pooped out taking care of us big needs kids along with all the
other kids at her house. There was fuzzies everywhere!

Then one day I found myself in this new place with five of my other
traveling DMK companions. I gotz my very own house right from the
start. I even had my special toys that Ms. Cindy gave to me to snuggle
with. Everyday my new shelter Mum would talk to me and cover my cage
and be very gentle with me. She knows fuzzies real good, especially
fuzzies who have had hard times - she understands us a'scaredy kids.

Well, today I am a NEW ferret. I still have my own house and I still
have my stuffed toy - Mum moves it on me every morning and every
morning I put it right back where I want it. She even gived-ed me
some more toys to hide.

Some of my human shelter friends make sure they stop and greet me. I
have a special friend who always say hi, opens my cage and waits for me
to crawl into her arms. She sometimes waits a long time for me. But I
like being on my own schedule - you know - like being retired! I made
her day the first time I crawled out, sniffed for a while - licked a
little here, a little there. She was getting ready for that big Chonk
from that old ferret, but the new me, I fooled her. I set my teeth very
gently on her skin, then curled up and snuggled in her arms. Ah, it is
good to have a Mum who loves us and a few friends on the side, you
know.........?

Oh, before I forget, I wanted to send a BIG THANKS to Tom and Cindy
Scheidt, not only for helping save my hide (and my buddies'), but also
for donating one of the FUUUUN TUUUBES to our annual Clinic Day Raffle.
We had a wet day, but there was lots of fuzzies, hugging and kissing,
playing in the play yard, pictures taken, laughing and meeting new
friends. Lots of humans were putting lots of green stuff in the Raffle
Ticket Volunteer's pocket. Yea, food for our tummies!!

Ms. Nicki winned-ed the Fun Tube and once she gets settled she will
send Tom and Cindy some feedback about how much her kids like the new
toy. She also tooked-ed home two new babies that have been keeping Mum
on the run - they can trash a room in record time! Even faster than
the old legendary Jack and Jill, so the other ferrets say. We at the
shelter are hoping maybe they will get pooped out playing in the Fun
Tube so Nicki won't lose her mind too soon. She knows ferrets, but she
doesn't know these two, he he he. We know they were meant to go with
her though cause they met the other fur kids that live with Ms. Nicki
and her hubby and they fell in love immediately!

Time to go put my toys back where I keep them, I'm sure Mum has been
to the cage by now.

Thanks for the help with the computer Possum, thanks to everyone who
helps our Shelter Mum and thanks Cindy and Tom for keeping track of
us!!

Love,
Munchkin

Feed rescued animals in two clicks