Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:18:04 -0900
Thank you for sharing that link, Linda. I have been out of town without
computer access (yes, there are still places on earth where that is
possible) or would have responded earlier.

Like many, I hoped and prayed that JoGayle would beat this horrible
diagnosis. She fought hard, and continued her research and work the
entire time. For those who want to remember her in a tangible way,
a memorial fund has been established. Donations may be made to the
SCBI/JoGayle Howard Cat Conservation Fund
c/o Strategic Development Office
Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute
National Zoological Park
1500 Remount Road
Front Royal, VA  22630

Additionally, for those who want to donate directly to black-footed
ferrets, there is a second option. For any donations to Prairie
Wildlife Research made in JoGayle's memory, I will match them up
to $500. Donations can be made to:
Prairie Wildlife Research
PO Box 308
Wellington, CO 80549
Online donations can be made through the website at
http://prairiewildlife.org

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we