Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 09:48:18 -0400
Well, Gustifer is eating on his own again.  He lost 0.5 pounds, which was
pretty significant considering he only weighed 2.5 lbs.  so, not I can work
on getting him on the ferret food that my otehr baby is on.

As for the rash, I went to a wonderful ferret vet in Roanoke, Va.  I told
him the story and he agreed with me that the sores are not due to
allergies.  He said that they are due to a bacterial infection from lying
around in his own fecal material!!!!!  needless to say, I was furious and
very sad that this was caused by the callousness and ignorance of his
former owners.  My respect for them went down a notch or two.  the vet said
that it was looking good and mother nature should take care of the rest of
it.  he gets alot of out time from his cage now (will free roam eventually)
and seems to be adjusting to his new environment.

Still working on him getting used to my other boy, but that will take time
and love, both of which we got lots of!

so, thanks for the hints, especially the ones about the skin rashes.  Kiss
your fuzzies for me!

Paige