Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 06:39:31 -0700
Re: Need help with Devil's Club???

Liz,

I have been using Devil's Club for 3+ years.  I had my Phantom operated
on a May because we thought he may have also had adrenal tumors.
Unfortunately, it wasn't, but the vet took out tumors on his pancreas.
He had had this for almost 3 years and I didn't know about the devils club
until about after he had already developed insulinoma and had it for about
a year and a half.  Unfortunately Phantom died about 5 days after surgery,
at the age of 6.  But it wasn't from the insulinoma.  It was from the preds
he had been on for almost 2years.  (I'm not sure of the time frame on all
this as I've had many with various illnesses and meds).  But the preds do
some bad things to other organs after a while and it caused huge weight
gain and his little heart finally couldn't take it.  He didn't have a heart
attack, it just gave up and quit beating, so in that respect, he didn't
suffer.

However, when the results came back after on his tumors, they weren't all
cancerous, the lab report said many of them were just old age tumors.  So I
do feel the Devil's Club did some good.  I have another on it now, caught
hers right away and have had her on it for a little over a year.  She is on
that and just some Bob Church's chicken gravy and her regular kibble.  She
also has adrenal problems (surgery on left almost two years ago), so now
she is on a Lupron shot, and she's now got a beautiful fur coat that she
hadn't had for two years!  But the d.c.  has helped her.  Her last blood
test had her at 82, where when it started it had been down to 56.

Here is a web site, The New Rainbow Bridge that I contacted,
http://www.newrainbowbridge.com/
Go into nutritional suppliments.  Check it out.  They have an 800 no. that
you can call and talk to either Diane or Steve.  They are very helpful and
will tell you their experiences and the successes they have had.  Give them
a call and check it out.

I swear by the Devil's Club as it has helped the two I have had on it,
and like I said, Caesar is on it, and doing fine.  Still not on preds and
hopefully I can keep her away from them as I feel in the long run they a
lot of damage.

Good luck with Fang!

mjo and the zoo (Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo, Frito,
Pepper, & Caesar and the dogs Garth and Darwin......r.i.p.  PHANTOM,
Nipper, EZ, Lightning, Cleo, & Duke)