From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:34:20 -0400
>From:    Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Two Pole Ferret Farm Sold, spay/neut. contracts...the real world..
>
>Two Pole Ferret Farm Ferrets have been sold..  300 plus ferrets, lot of
>ferrets, and much Wisdom wished for the new owners.
>
>Here is the new owners chance to put a dent in Marshall Farms sales, with
>"careful planning" and 300 plus ferrets a person could really help the
>ferret world big time!!!

Anything that gets Charlie Herring out of ferrets is a very good thing.

Unfortunately from the last time we saw any of Charlie's ferrets there
should be quite a sizable cull of the breeding stock.  There were quite a
few problems with the ones we saw.  Hopefully these new owners will drop
the ridiculous claims of many colors.

With 300 ferrets they will be just another ranch.  Hopefully better than
most to avoid the very problems Debbie was kind enough to point out with
ranches that are not large enough to be self sufficient.  They will not
really be large enough to put an dent in Marshall's sales.

We truly do hope that this goes well with this venture and it doesn't turn
out like many other ventures into ferret ranching.

The US Ferret Registry is a joke.  They are just part of the USKC registry
that would let you register a 'Possum as a dog.  No useful information is
a part of their registry.

Hopefully better things will come from them in the future.  We truly hope
the Coles can beat the historical odds.