From:
Paul Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:11:41 -0800
Oh, my, this calls for a salute - Murphy!  Sammy!  Max!  Front and
center!!

(Three ferrets - Murphy, a handsome Sable in the red serge of the RCMP;
Sammy, a Dark-Eyed White with a yarmulke; and Max, another handsome Sable
with his hind legs strapped into a wheelchair device - come running and
rolling up to stand at attention.)

Murphy: Present and accounted for, sir!  Ah, this is the FML, is it?  Do
we have something to celebrate, sir?

Paul: Yes, something special.  It's Eppy.  Donna's Eppy.

(All three ferrets look stunned.)

Max (whispering): Is he - did they - was he found, sir?  After all this
time?

(Paul, grinning, nods.)

Sammy (softly): I'd say that this qualifies as a miracle, sir.

Paul: Yes, I think so, too.  I think this calls for a celebration.  Is
the Cannon ready to fire?

Voice: Yes, it is, sir!  (Skippy, Skippy, Skippy, Skippy and Skippy, the
crack team of Albino ferret mechanics, pushes a vintage Civil War cannon
into view.)

Skippy (smiling): We heard you mention Eppy's name, and we just *knew* it
was good news!  So, he we are with the cannon!  And she's in excellent
shape!

Paul: I knew I could count on you guys.  Okay, prepare her for firing!
Ready... Aim... FIRE!

*BOOOOOOMMM!!*

*WHOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHH!!!*

(The charge explodes in midair, showering the Ferret Mailing List with
streamers, balloons, confetti, M&Ms in various flavors - including the
hard-to-find Ferretone - and various other goodies.  Two banners float
down under parachutes: HURRAY FOR EPPY AND HIS LOVING MOMMY!  and WELCOME
HOME, WAYWARD WEASEL!!  Murphy, Sammy, Skippy, Skippy, Skippy, Skippy,
etc., dances in a ferret chorus line while Max plays a lively tune on his
fiddle.)

******
Donna, I hope you forgive the silliness, but I had been following your
posts about your missing boy, and my heart was aching for your loss.  To
hear the news of his return to his happy home is overwhelming.  I just
*had* to celebrate this way.

No matter how silly this post is, the feelings that it expresses - of joy,
relief, and wonder at the miracle of Eppy's return - are no less sincere.
I am so happy for you and for him.  And I will think of those humans who
are missing their fuzzy babies.  Eppy's story shows that there is hope.

Paul