From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:57:04 -0400
Kellen - you sound like you have a classic case of carpal tunnel sydrome.  I
have it and my hands frequently display the same symptoms as yours do.  It
is from close to 30 years of computer programming...

Surguery (sp) is only an option.  I have had the #$%^ operation and all I
ended up was with about 6 months of relif then back to the same old
symptoms...it ain't no fun!

Try physical thearpy first before they put you under the knife.  The surgery
has a low success rate.

Over the counter medications seem to help and so does ben gay...

Good luck.  Also try one of those egronomic key boards such as "ergo-touch"
typing is a bit weird at first but the position helps.  Also, try microsoft
"sticky key" which allows you to press the shift, release it, then type an
upper case character.  Still better, teach your fuzzies to type!

On the topic of fuzzies, one of mine left a "chocolate" on my pillow!  and
it was NOT a mint!

Nan

[Moderator's note: A couple of folks where I work have had great results
with accupuncture for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  BIG]