From:
Suzanne Duval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 01:08:55 EDT
>From:    Victor Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Nightmare of Ferret Ownership?!?!?

Well I'm not going to lie to you about ferret ownership.  It is a lot of
work, time, effort, and many heartbreaks... but I have 5 fuzzies..  and
they really give me lots of joy.  I love them so much they are like kids
to me.  Ask yourself, Would you or do you have kids?  Kids can be just as
much or more trouble.  So you have to think of these little critters as
like children that never grow up..  good one..  they don't need college.
But yes there are many diseases and health issues that these wee ones
can get or have and it's devasting to see.  But on a more positive note
there is research being done for many of these.  (also The Governor has
promised to look at legalizing them in CA).

Okay so why get a ferret?  or two?  Well they are one of the greatest
creations God made.  These wee ones bring me so much joy, happiness and
love.  They make my day worth getting up in the morning just to see those
little faces and them bouncing around and playing..  running and hiding
their treats... As long as you have the love and patience to deal with
these fuzzies they are wonderful animals.  But yes we have to deal wth
them through good times and sick time.  I have had one die of Juvenile
Lymphoma a yr ago... very sad.  And I have one with Adrenal Disease which
is going in for Surger.  Yes the expense is high owning a ferret, both in
your heart and in your pocket book... but I feel it's all worth it.  This
is something you need to decide on your own.  True the don't have a long
life span..  but they enjoy the time they are here and the loving that
they receive from hoomans.  Anyways..  if you are really concerned and
cannot make up your mind, maybe you can go to the nearest shelter where
you live and help out, spend some time there.  Get to know Ferrets more.
Yes there are ferret shelters in CA.  But they are very low key of
course.  But all I know Is i bought 2 of them and then it didn't stop
(have 5 now) (like chips, you can never just have 1!) I was addicted
regardless they won my heart and I give them the best they can have
while they are on earth for such a short time.

dooks to you!  Suzanne, Tiki, Kiwi, Cashew, Peanut, Trouble and then my
neurotic dog - Gritz...