From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:49:15 -0500
Snowy did it!  Mr. Robert Jarmain has FINALLY been charged with cruelty to
animals (ferrets) because of Snowy!  I feel on top of the world!  We have
fought so hard and long for this moment and I couldn't be happier!

I'm still urging you all to write to the London Criminal court in support
of this case.  If they see how much we stick together they will see how
much we love our ferrets.  Mr. Jarmain's 1st appearance is March 2, 1999!
Here is a form letter you can use.

London Criminal Court
c/o Prosecutor's office
PO BOX 5600 Term. A
London, Ontario
NIA 2P3 Canada.

Dear Sir,

I am writing in support of the SPCA and the Ferret Aid Society's case
against Mr. Robert Jarmain of Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada. His 1st
appearance on cruelty charges is set for March 2, 1999.

Last year I was horrified to learn that Mr. Jarmain was in possession of
over 60 ferrets who were left in small wooden boxes in the snow, had their
K-9 teeth cut out and were not given water or adequate food.

The Ferret Aid Society with the help of the London HS got 30 such ferrets
out of Mr. Jarmain's care and into veterinary care and later permanent,
safe homes.  This year, to see him yet again with more ferrets just makes
me angry.  The other animals in his care sadden me too.  In my opinion, I
don't think Mr. Jarmain should be allowed to own animals ever again.

Mr. Jarmain has also admitted to members of the Ferret Aid Society that he
inflicts pain on these creatures and that even though the SPCA has ordered
him not to have ferrets in his care, he will continue to keep them and hide
them from their grasp.

I, a ferret lover and animal lover alike, urge you to help to put a stop to
this man's animal obsession and prevent cruelty to these and other animals
in his care now and in the future.

Sincerely,
[ Please include also your address and phone number in case they should
wish to contact you. Some places will consider letters not permissible, or
even 'hoax' letters unless they can contact the person who wrote the note
to confirm they did write it]

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick

Harley T-shirts are here! $36 US $46 Can. for a
beautifully embroidered Harley T.

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,
just by using your mouse!