Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:01:26 -0400
I CC'd all of you on this because I thought it was something everyone needs
to be aware of....

I am USDA lisenced and during a recent govt inspection I had the opportunity
to chat with my USDA agent.  During our conversation he brought up
"imported" ferrets.  In particular he mentioned the Swedish (also known to
many as Angora) ferrets.  It appears they are very nasty and MANY bite cases
are being reported to CDC and APHIS.

Bob (my agent) said: "I thought you should know about this so you can alert
the rest of the ferret groups.  The large number of bites from these imports
could really hurt all the great work you all are doing for pet ferret."

Boy, do I agree with Bob.  So be aware there are imported ferrets destroying
all the hard work we've done in getting the public and our states recognize
our ferrets as sweet and gentle pets.

Rose Smith
President, Legion Of Superferrets National