Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:01:13 EST
I know these are not pets at DM's, but even farm animal get better than
this. I have lived my life in a rural area and there are farms all
around me. My grandmother and uncle had farms when i was younger, but
I have never seen a farm in the middle of a junk yard. Yes I have seen
feces around on farms but not piled like that! Where I grew up there
was a farm right behind my house (even a family of pigs got loose and
came to my yard! the babies were the cutest!) The owner let us come
visit often. He had pigs, cows and chickens, and though it was messy
it was never like that! Beer cans under the cages? Even back then the
health department wouldn't allow it. A junk yard is designated a junk
yard and they probably have permits. A farm is a farm! A farm is one
thats well taken care of and with healthy animals. I am a bit prissy,
though; that's the way my mom brought me up. So maybe out in the
boonies it's really that bad, Honestly dont think so. We had the health
department around a few weeks ago and they checked for tires, any
possibly dangerous substances laying around (my hubby's a roofer), even
too much clutter. We had a few things and we were given 10 days to
clean it up or we would be sited. Which we cleaned up. Neighbors had
other things they had to remove. It wasnt a real lot like at DM has,
but we have laws here to protect us and yes, animals from being hurt.

Nikki, maybe you're right, I shouldn't comment I havent seen personally
but we can't see it all in person. It's through others we learn of
these things happening. I havent seen the Iraq war in person but I know
its there and terrible things are happening there too! But sometimes
we have to let others be our eyes and ears, and yes, pics are the best
evidence. I dont think these pics on MFRAN were doctored up (Sprite I
understood what you meant in your post. A shame we have to constantly
explain ourselves). I would, also, like to see a few more and a little
more close up. I will admit the ferrets looked pretty healthy but their
living conditions were deplorable! I still can't accept that the Health
dept. can do nothing about this place. Maybe the authorities would have
to have some more pics, too.

Big, I agree, often the people who do the most are the quietest and it
seems a little quieter lately on here. Not the usual posters. I feel
something more is being done behind the scenes. And thank-you if it is!
Okay, done with rambling. I'm just beside myself with the whole thing
and can't keep quiet!