From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:17:33 -0800
Melissa asked about ADV testing.

If you use the saliva test, you don't have to send it anywhere.  It comes
with complete directions as to method and interpretation.  The first time
I used it, I asked my vet to do it so that I could observe and be sure
that I would be able to do it correctly.

In the somewhat limited amount of research that I did, I didn't find
anything that said the blood test was better than the saliva test.  In
fact, Dr. Williams wrote that the saliva test was less likely to give
false positives.

I did this research some time ago.  If anyone has newer or more accurate
information, I would be very eager to hear it.

I ordered the saliva test from Avecon (avecon.com) and each kit cost in
the neighborhood of $36.  That may have changed also.

Again, if anyone thinks I have missed something or misinterpreted the
information, please let me know.

Shirley