From:
Jen Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 01:42:24 -0400
Greetings all.  I'm writing about a pair of ferrets that need a home here
in central PA, posted in the shopper.  I called to ask for some info on
them, so that I could relay this info to you all.

They are approximately 1 to 1 1/2 years old, a male and a female.  They
are up to date on shots and in very good health.  They are both fixed.
By the description I was given, it sounds like 1 is an albino (male),
and the other is probably a sable (female).  They were said to be very
friendly.

The reason the owners are getting rid of them is because the owner is
moving in, or moved in, with her boyfriend, and they have "too many pets".

I hope the info is fairly accurate, considering I spoke with the
boyfriend, rather than the owner, and he wasn't 100% sure of the sex
of the ferrets, but thought he may have had it right.  Unfortunately, I
didn't get the ferrets names, as I was more concerned with their current
status than names.

Here's what the ad says, as well as a phone number, if anyone is
interested:

For Sale -
Large 2 story ferret coupe with all accessories, includes 2 free very
friendly ferrets.  $175
Call 570-524-9498

This is a Lewisburg phone number.  The owner is willing to give the
ferrets away without selling the cage, if you're not interested in
buying the cage.  He said that the ferrets will be kept in their home
until a new owner is found, and that they would NOT turn them into the
ASPCA, which I was glad to hear.

I really hope that one of you out there have room in your heart and home
for these furkids.  I'd love to take them myself, but currently have
quite a crew here, a few with health issues, and can't afford the cost
of care for more.

Happy Dookin',
The Hidey Hole Gang - http://www.hideyhole.org/
Jen, Mike & The Critters
The Ferrets - Loki, Fria, Jamocha, Vivi & Duke
The Hedgehog - Punk
The Rats - Plato, Algernon & Mystique
The Chicken - Dixie