From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:52:03 -0500
HI--

A darling little boy, silvermitt, white chest was dropped off at home on
Sat afternoon.

He came in a small screended carboard box.  He lost his home because
he scratched the baby.  (Why weren't the ferret and the baby being
supervised?)

He had a beutiful coat, clear eyes and his teeth looked good.  He was on
the thin side, but not too badly.  Compared to my rowdy kits with thick fur
coats and winter padding he was tiny.  He was also terrified, clung on for
dear life and didn't react to any noises leading us to believe he was deaf.
All he did was eat and sleep while in our care.

He went out Sunday on a trial visit to his new home.  He must have belonged
to a family with children, because he came to the children in the home
immediately.  I'm told today he was busy rearranging his new cage to better
suit his personal tastes.  Apparently his new mommy didn't do it quite
right..  He isn't deaf, and is taking a great interest in everything and
everyone around him.  After only 24 hrs in a safe loving home, he's turned
into a charming little ferret.

KG
Celtic Ferret
Columbus, OH