From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:00:46 -0400
Hey,

We've got a new game at our house.  I was at work today and my boss got
rid of an old window treatment.  She was going to toss it, but I took it.
It's a very silky type material and the ferrets like that anyway, so I
figured, "What the heck."

So, this piece of material is very soft and very very long.  I haven't
measure it, but we think it's around 12 feet long.  We have a long
hallway that we do magic towel rides on, so I started dragging this thing
all over the house.  They loved it.  That's not the best part though.
See if you can imagine this...

Damon and I stood at opposite ends of the hallway and each held an end
of the fabric.  The ferrets would jump in and out at the middle as they
wanted.  Well, Orion went running up the cloth towards Damon.  We both
pulled on the cloth to lift it up.  Orion walked all the way up and
towards Damon's face and made a very deliberate action to hang on and
keep climbing.  When he got to the top, about eye level with Damon, he
let go and slid down to the middle on his back!  He did it over and over
and over.  He was loving it.  Then, the others watched him, copied and
we had a bunch of sliding ferrets!  It was great.  Some would come to my
end, some would go to Damon's end and then, they would slide and collide
in the middle.  Of course, the collision would cause them to jump around
and go nuts and do the weasel war dance.  It was great fun for all!

So, if you have extra hands and a piece of long cloth, you should try
this.  Just remember to set them down easy when they get to the middle.
You don't want to slam them down on their little backs.

April and the 11 crazy, sliding, luge team! :-)

Hugs and Poinginess - April
http://www.gallaty.com
http://www.proudpickers.com
http://www.assholeclub.com