From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:54:29 -0800
Hi gang,

It has become clear through the responses from a couple of people, that I
should have mentioned in my recent sponsorship post, that no one has to be a
'sponsor' to donate whatever amount they would like, to help out my shelter.
One-time donations are very, very welcome, too.  Sponsorship is just a way
for those who wish to, to help a particular ferret in need, and get photos,
email, updates, etc..  Everyone is invited to help the shelter and be a very
important part of "rescueing and sheltering".  Even a single donation of
$5.00 will feed a fuzzy and cover basic expenses for 5-7 days.  And we
greatly appreciate ALL donations.

Also consider, if you have a shelter in your area, that donating a couple
hours at the shelter to scrub litter boxes, clean cages, fill water bottles,
etc., will help out alot, too.  How about "donating" two hours a week to
help out a devoted, but frequently exhausted, shelter mom or dad?  Here,
there are currently 20 litter boxes that I scoop every day, plus 17 cages to
maintain, and 3 play areas.  I also do 4 loads of ferret laundry about twice
a week.  Plus there are meds to give, bowls to fill, and water bottles to
attend to once or twice daily.  There is no shortage of work to be done, as
you can see.  When I don't have volunteers to help, of course, I see that
all the work is done, but that allows very little time for other chores,
working at my "other job", relaxing or watching a little TV, seeing friends,
visiting family, etc..  Now, I am NOT complaining, I LOVE caring for these
guys, I just think it is easy to forget how much shelter mom's and dad's do,
7 days a week, for our little guys.

If anyone needs my address, it is Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter  3801
Zion Hill Loop, Weatherford, TX 76088.

Thanks a bunch!!  Kisses to all the fuzz-butts!

Trish