Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 09:48:30 -0400
>From: Ardith <[log in to unmask]>
>
>... In between two rungs was Bizzy, head and front legs through, body
>resting on seat.
>
>I tried to gently remove her, and soon realized she was *stuck*.
>Very seriously stuck. She stopped moving, open mouth, was she even
>breathing?
>
>Bizzy coughed, and started to come around. Took her to my vet, by the
>time we arrived she acted as if nothing had happened.

Omg, I was eating toast and it almost came up.

How in the world, ya know?

I'm glad other ferrets were out with her, Ardith. Hmm. I wonder if it's
"safer" in a way if you have them out in groups rather than alone. I
never thought about it. But when I let a ferret out alone, I tend to
"forget" about them easier, and I'm not nearly as as alert as to where
they are or what they are doing.

That was a close one. Good gosh.

Hey Sukie, other than fluid build up, did I not once read that ferrets
can "pool" blood or something like that and hemorage from physical
stress? (dont' worry Ardith, if I'm right with my memory, it happens
immediately)