Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 22:24:21 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that me and White Fang had a wonderful
visit with Trish Curtis this last weekend.  She enjoyed attending the
Houston Area Ferret Association meeting and listening to the lecture on
ferret disease.  Dr. Soifer had some great pics of his surgeries, my biggest
suprise was how large a spleen can get inside a fert!  Amazing!

White Fang finally gave Trish a kiss right when we took pictures of the two
of them, just before Trish left.  It was just darling and when I get them
developed Trish is talking about putting them up on her new web page.
Hopefully me and White Fang can talk Mo' Bob into sitting still long enough
to get a pic of him too.  Is that enough public pressure Bob?

I thought everyone might like to know how large the family is here now, I
keep suprising people who I thought knew how many I had.  Yes, the ferret
math virus is alive and well at my house!

I started out with Stan and Ollie, (a light sable and DEW).  Then came
George, Miss Stella, and Maxwell, (silver mitt, sable mitt and dark sable).
Let's see, oh yea, Angus, Miss Delilah, Miss Maisie and Owen, (champagne,
sable mitt, black sable, black sable).  Miss Esmerelda was next, she's a
dark silver mitt.  Then Miss Myrna Loy joined us, she is a light sable.
Sampson joined us too, he's missing a hind foot from a cage accident
(sable).  Then Miss Sadie, who is Myrna Loy's twin.  Finally added to this
crew were Conan the Toebiter (who earned his name the first night), Ranger
Rick (ask Mo' Bob about his name), Freddy, and Henry, (a silver mitt, rusty
badger, light sable and sable).

I also have two rescues right now.  Nicky, a DEW male who has had a spinal
injury and has limited use of his hind legs.  He is going to be a permanent
resident I think.

And of course the infamous White Fang, for those who don't know, is a DEW
female.  We think she is a Canadian ferret, she has green tattoos in both
her ears.  And such an attitude.  When she runs out of food, her special
recipe, she bangs the empty bowl on the side of the cage!!  She has woke me
up between 5a and 6 am for 3 days straight now!

Yes, that is 19.  How do I keep tract?  How does any good mom tell all her
kids apart?  But they have their own room, and I let them out into a well
ferret-proofed house when I'm home.  I do keep a list for when I put them up
at night.  I check off a name as they go into their room.  That way when I'm
short one, I know exactly which hidey hole to check.  They all have their
own preferences.

I love them all and they are helping me get through a rough time right now.
I don't know how I would survive otherwise.

Margie Zick