Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:22:58 -0500
I think I must have missed the first post about Pogo being switched.  But
here is my story for what it is worth.

I lost one of my ferrets one time because my husband's fraternity brother
was stupid enough to let her out when I was at work.  (Don't tell him I
said that, he feels really bad about it.  ;) ) Anyway, she made it a couple
of doors down fraternity row and was adopted by another fraternity.  I was
grief stricken because I just didn't know what happened to her.

About 6 weeks later, I got word that there was " another ferret down the
row at this other house that was found just wondering about".  To make a
long story short, we did reason that it was the same ferret and I got her
back.  One of the problems was, she was under year old when I lost her and
this was winter time.  And as any long time ferret owner knows, a ferret's
appearance can change a lot during that first shedding.

So, the moral of the story is, if your ferret is still really young, it
really COULD have changed a lot in two weeks.  But, if you are sure that
there is foul play here, you have my encouragement to conger up all the
wrath within you and clean house with your friends back sides!

Good Luck
Britta