From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:28:58 EST
Hey and sad Dooks to all the fur-kids

A little boy came into my life today.  I got a call from someone who said
he got my number from friend of a friend of a friend .... Said he had a
ferret that he really didn't have time for anymore.

Little boy was brought to me by people other then the guy who called.  They
really didn't want to tell me much.  The poor little kid, maybe 1-2yrs old
looked in bad shape.  Nothing but skin and bones, barely breathing, barely
moving, cool to the touch.  They mentioned that the little boy had been
kept in a cage in an unheated garage.

The fert eagerly lapped down some fuzzy soup from the syringe.  He started
to perk up.  His eyes opened and he tried to move around a bit, but had no
strength.  I cleaned him up a bit and wrapped him in a warm sweatshirt.
Later on I placed him on a nice warmed Relax-A-Bag I got from the FFIRC.
He really seemed comfortable.  As the feedings progressed, he became more
active and alert.  He kept trying to stand and walk, but just seemed to
weak.  His body was now warm.

At midnight I picked him up for another feeding.  Again he just about bit
the tip off the syringe.  I placed him back in the basket and covered him
up.  He wouldn't stay still.  He pulled himself from under the covers and
towards the edge of the basket closest to me.  I picked him up and cuddled
him close to me.  I kept stroking him and he kept rubbing his head against
my hand.

Little boy closed his eyes and rested his head against my chest.  With a
deep breath and a sigh - he was gone.  I am still in shock.  He seemed to
be responding.  There was a marked improvement from when I first saw him.

He was only with me a few short hours.  But I think he got more attention
and love in that short time then he had in weeks.

Sandee, please have my fur-angels look out for him.  He has a light tan
mask and his nose is black except for a pink area on the tip shaped like
a heart.  Please let him know that someone here did love him.

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~ ~Cinna~Racer~
Guardian Fur-Angels -  ~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!

Please see       KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                      http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.