From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:16:54 EDT
>So it's been around six hours or so since I last saw Harley.  Now the
>Tears are flowing hard!  My Husband is at a friends house, so all I have
>is my 4 year old daughter to help me and my youngest Cat which is in LOVE
>with Harley and usually sniffs him out whenever I ask where's Harley.  I
>called my Husband a few times and finally left a message saying get home
>there is an emergency.  Five minutes later, He shows up and sees that I'm
>crying.  Of course he doesn't know what to think because I'm crying and
>the couch is upside down.  I felt like a little child and probably sounded
>like one.  You know, when a child is crying and trying to talk but the
>words can't come out... Yep that was me.  hahaha

i can relate to your story--when i first got arthur i relaized i had not
seen him all day- so i began to search and as time went by i felt panic
set in..  i looked everywhere and tore the place apart.. i even went into
the downstairs neighbors apt. looking for him-- which was a no-no beiing
as they were on vacation and i had the keys 'for an emergency only"--day
turend into night and still no arthur- so i went out with a flashlight
and scrounged the neighborhood.  still no arthur- and i began to weep
like i lost my best friend- well i had a bad night - didn;t sleep and
intermittently searched everywhere i had previously searched..  the next
morning - sure enough i see arthur climb out of my art portfolio--he had
been snoozing comfy all that time amongs my drawings .  i had been crying
all night and when he emerged from the portfolio i squeezed and gave him
kisses.  still crying like all get out..but arthur only looked at me like'
what;'s the deal mom?"- then went into the kitchen to beg for his treats..
it does make you wonder/

-peace,
christine