From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:55:57 -0700
Actually, it's pretty vague, there is nothing that specifically addresses
ferrets, except to say they cannot be flown to a Calif. destination.  I'm
not in Passinger Service, I work for Maintenance, but IMO lack of a firm
policy may leave interperation in the hands (minds) of the individual gate
agents.

Keep in mind that airline policy can change in a heartbeat, so the fact
that ferrets enjoy the same 'small pet' privilege as other animals is no
guarantee that it will always be so.

In addition to paying the animal ticketing fee, a health ctf., from your
state of departure is needed.  This is not a letter from your vet, it's a
multiple copy form issued by your state, (obtained from your vet) requiring
a phone number and street address for your outbound destination.  If you're
traveling to a show, this would be your hotel.

Being seated near a child (someone else's!) can sometimes be a headache,
but when traveling with a ferret it can be a blessing!  Everyone assumes
the sounds or aromas are emitting from the child!

Georgia - the left coast one...