Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:01:21 -0500
This is just an "off the top of my head" suggestion but.  If "they" won't
listen because it's not politically advantageous to listen, why not try
to make it advantageous?  I mean go public, loud and persistent.
Commercials, ads in the paper, posters, etc.  I know this is allot of
money but there must be some one out there who has ferrets and money.  Or
could someone with the gift of gab talk local TV and papers into donating
some time?  If this is really important to you, scream, yell, do a dance
in town square, what ever it takes to get attention to your cause.
Picketing and demonstrations are a great way to start.  I've done it
before for a minor issue concerning our local schools and it worked.  (my
daughter was born in Long Beach and I lived there for 3 hellish years so
I know a little of what kind of idiots you're all up against).

I wish you luck in your fight against the "establishment".  If you keep
fighting and don't lose hope you will get "them" to see the light.  Keep
up the good fight no matter how long it takes.

Shelley