From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:19:46 -0600
F. Scott Giarrocco wrote:
>The ferrets used in intubation procedures are not harmed and are adopted
>out to loving homes when the medical universities stop using them.

I like this guy's posts mostly, but I wanted to make the point that a
sweeping statement that outcomes are good is as inaccurate as a statement
that they are all completely horrific.  I thought it might be educational
for folks to be able to read about the experience of a nurse and shelter
operator who has worked to change procedures and save ferrets in her area.

The story can be found about halfway down the page at:
http://www.texasferret.org/news/olympics.html
and is titled "Research Ferrets: An Important Group to Rescue"

Debra in Fort Worth