From:
Dan Muldoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:17:31 -0500
>From:    Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
>
><snip> I was asked lately why I willing spend so much G.D.  money on a
>bunch of "weasels"???
>
>My answer ,"Because they give me so much pleasure... and love for what I
>do for them..." Ain't that the truth?  <snip>

Sidney, my first ferret, was a sprite with cardiomyopathy.  She was a
surrender and I was going to foster her until I could turn her over to a
ferret shelter.  I asked for and got the shelter operator's blessing that
Sid could stay with me, especially since we figured she had just weeks to
live.

Sidney seemed to know that nobody would ever abandon her again.  After
getting rid of the fleas and with regular medication, weeks turned into
nearly 2-1/2 very special and rewarding years.

The question about "so much G.D. money" reminds me of why I avoided
mentioning my ferrets to a certain relative.  Her best response might
have been, "You care more for that fleabitten weasel than you care for
me." It would have been true.  But "that fleabitten weasel" never called
me names, belittled my feelings, or raised a hand to me....

Dan Muldoon, Ph.D.