From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:34:48 -0500
>He then did an exploritory and found she had a botched spay...a piece of
>ovary was still there and she had a walnut size infection on her uterine
>stump.

Yes, that can happen.  Usually when this is a stand-alone it kicks up
younger than when a diseased adrenal's hormonal cascade causes it to have
problems from what our vets have said, so it is possible to have the two
at once as Meeteetse did when she was older.  So, it can be important to
check both, which I am sure your vet would have done.  As with your
ferret our one who had the infected stump due to her adrenal growth did
have a lot of puss discharged along with her swelling, and for her
treating for infection only provided a short term stop to that.