Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:54:11 -0500
We here in New England got dumped with the white stuff.  I read here that
some ferrets enjoy snow, so I thought I'd give it a try...

Since I live in a No-Pets apartment, I couldn't take the fuzzies outsite.
So I snuck out with a trash barrel and dumped the snow into the bathtub.
Then I put the bathroom floor rug over the tub edge so they could climb in
and out at will.  Then I waited...

The two fuzzies were immediately interested.  Phoebe stuck her head right
in, thinking it was white dirt.  Try to imagine the surprise on her face
when she hit the cold!  Anyway, it was good snuffling, until it started to
melt.  Then there was much dancing around it, as we tried to approach and
got dainty feet in ice water.  Loki (the not-so-brave) sat on the tub edge
and watched her.  Eventually he ventured in to poke a nose at it, but wasn't
much interested.  My SO found a tub full of partially melted snow and was
even less impressed.  Oh well!!  I'm still trying to figure out how to get
them some dirt to play in without making a mess.  Suggestions?

Kristine (it sounded like a good idea), Phoebe (cold nose, cold feet!),
Loki (You're not fooling me into getting into that tub), Steve (what the
heck are you doing now with those ferrets?)