From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:15:00 EST
>He just sleeps in our arms, before we could hardly hold him.  Any ideas?
>Please we are worried.

what does your vet say about your ferret?  from what you have written that
behavior is not normal...when was the last visit to the vet for shots and
a checkup?

does your ferret get ferretlax every 3 to 4 days?

hows the poop look?

what about th eappatite?

do you feed a ferret food?

what about treats and etc?

and do you use a clumping litter?  (cause thats the worst you can use...it
does just that...clumps inside the animal...)  (animals get it in them when
they groom themselves and if they eat any of it and if they root thru
it)...anyway these are just basic questions...cause if your feeding a bad
diet that could be the problem...if your not giving ferretlax the ferret
could have a blockage...if you use clumping litter it could need surgery
now...i mean thats why i asked all these quetions...your first line of
defence should be the veternarian..i would suggest that you make an
appointment and take a fresh stool sample in (one thats less than 2 hrs
old)....stools can tell lots of things such as parasites and bacteria and
diet....your email didnt say if you had taken the ferret to the vet thats
why i said these things...

anyway i wish your ferret all the  best..and keep me posted...
trudie