From:
Jayne Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:09:32 -0400
Hi All--I have four ferrets that have been having some medical problems, and
as a result, I have to give them four different kinds of meds.  They
absolutely hate them (one med is Flagyl and I'm sure those of you with
experience will know what lengths they will go to not to take the stuff) and
it seems like I'm wearing more of it than is getting down their throats.
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as ways to ease the process on the
ferts and make sure the meds get where they need to be?

Also, one of my poor babies had an abdominal exploratory last Tuesday and
he's already very tired of being in his isolation cage.  I read Sukie
Crandall's suggestions for entertainments for recovering ferrets but poor
Marsh is so frustrated he doesn't even want to be held long enough for me to
walk around with him so he can sniff things, etc.  Any suggestions for
something to keep a very frustrated boy entertained without affecting his
doctor's orders for limited activity?

Thanks!

Laura, Gatsby,
Marshmallow, Saffy, and