From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:57:21 +0000
>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Adrenal Post Info
>I was asked to hold off on the adrenal info for a few days so some more
>could be sent to me, and agreed (even though I couldn't say so to the
>person because the reply kept bouncing).  So I'll hold it off until next
>weekend...

Oh, dear, Bob...

Tis' I, Lynn McIntosh, computer wastrel afloat in a sea of new technology
where one misplaced quote mark sunk fleets of e-mail... twas nearly sunk in
mirey frustration, but am hopefully afloat in cybercpace once more.

Thank you so much for replying!  I think my e-mail is working now!  I am
nearly at wits end... I have a new computer... really quite something.  I
can surf the "net", and get caught until 4 a.m.  But lonely am I... with
replies a bouncing.  I've been in the midst of a technological revolution -
new hardware, new software... I thought I was uprising, but it seems I'm
upending.  After setting up my computer, signing up for a new Internet
Service Provider, and dowloading Netscape Navigator, Netscape Communicator,
and Pegasus software (will I ever get these programs off the hard drive?!),
and encountering, well - *frass* - first I wanted to throw my 17-inch
Vivitron (with the telltale horizontal Sony lines I didn't know about...)
off the porch onto the concrete walk... then I just wanted to crawl into
some crummy hole, curl into a fetal position and hide from computers
forever... *sigh*...

I think the bounced messages you and I don't know who else experienced were
all due to a misplaced quotation in the configuration file of Pegasus, that
screwed up my reply address!

I asked you to hold off tallying your survey because I run the Ferret Adrenal
Insulinoma Mailing List (FAIML), but, due to my "technological revolution"
haven't been able to tail and respond to your hugely welcomed adrenal
interest and post the group about your survey... But finally (I hope, I
hope!) I'm onlone and would like to post the group and ask members to send
in replies to you.  Will send them your first FML post requesting info.

FAIML is a supportive and informational mailing list.  We have 87 members
and I hope some of them will or have responded to your survey (probably all
FAIML members are FMLers too).  I hope this generates some more response!

Anyone who would like to join FAIML, please e-mail me at
If, huff puff, for any reason you can't reach me at that address, use

Thank you!

Lynn McIntosh