From:
Robert Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:16:32 -0400
Hi
once again here I am asking for help for one of my ferrets.  By the way
thank you for the suggestion of using the vasaline (sp?) for another
hairball remedy.  Molly just loves it.

Now the problem.  I recently rescued a ferret from people who didn't have
"any time' to care for him and since their other ferret died they wanted a
new home for him.  Well I went to get JJ.  He was in a cage?  made of glass
and wood and was in shavings.  Thought to myself, I'm glad he's coming home
with me.  Took him in my arms and the first thing he did was give me a
kiss.  Put him down and could see that he wasn't walking good with his hind
legs.  Saw his nails and hoped that it was because of long nails.  When I
got him home I really looked him over (did't do it there because I just
wanted to get him home.)  Well, JJ wasn't well at all.  Clipped his nails
and still the hind legs really weak.  Stomach really hard and penis
sticking out.  Well need I say more.  Went to the vet to just get bad
news.  Said he had a large mass by his spleen and liver and it was putting
pressure on his legs.  Asked about his age and I told him I was told 3 yrs.
No way more like 5 or 6.  Now the question.  What should I do?  Vet said he
wouldn't survive the surgery because of age and the tumor was so large it
was going under his pits.  Asked about medication and he saiid just to take
him home and give him alot of love.  Said he wasn't in pain yet.

Since I didn't get any meds I decided to go the holistic way.  He has no
trouble eating good appetite, but drinks alot of water.  Excessive thirst.
Doing "duck soup" and he loves it.  Also eats regular ferret food with no
problem.  I'm giving him alot of vitamins and herbs and sent away for
Timmy's Tonic.

Am I doing right?  Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.  Alicia I
would be very interested in your opinion.  You've helped me before.  Also,
it probably is a repeat but can smeone send me Bob Church's chicken soup
recipe?

I'll say again.  JJ does not seem to be in any pain so please help me  or I
would do the early rainbow bridge.

thanks in advance
joanie
p.s. Steph please write  s.o.s.