From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:41:59 -0800
THURSDAY: Diamond came home today (Thursday) with pain meds to be given
every other day and amoxy for the infection. Dr. Mike told me she likes
to watch "House" (apparently he watched "House" with her laying on his
chest). I guess I have to send her over to June's now because I don't
watch "House".

She is eating TF on her own and when I got her home, she scarfed down
about 2 tablespoons of Bob's Chicken Gravy so that will most likely be
a daily treat for her. She likes Ferretone, too.

She lays on her armless side and her left arm is usually under her.
I was able to watch her "come to attention" and roll herself to an
upright position. There is movement in the good arm, which is a relief.
She is still breathing harder than normal but Dr. Mike says it's
because her lungs are still bruised.

I set up a 40 inch cage (I call them Guinea Pig cages) for her with a
rectangle little box that has the lip on it. I positioned a towel to
make an incline to the lip ..... and she pooped in the box .... YEA
DIAMOND!

Normal food dishes are too high so I cut a couple of plastic storage
bowls and covered the rims with duct tape.

Libby Nelson sent me directions for making a device to make her
ambulatory using a "slider" (a large silicon furniture mover disk). I
sent it to Dr. Mike & he liked the idea. I'll let you all know how it
goes.

Sukie sent me some info, also, so if the slider doesn't work, we'll go
to Plan B.

The staff at Dr. Mike's is amazed that she has survived given the
severity of her injuries. I am, too. She looks like Hell with shaved
patches all over the place and Frankenstein-looking stitches on her
right side. I was extremely apprehensive to pick her the first time,
afraid I was going to hurt her .... and then nervous to hold her for
fear I was holding her the wrong way.

FRIDAY: Diamond ate another dish of Bob's Chicken Gravy this morning
and she received her pain meds and amoxy.

I've learned it's more convenient to get her out of her cage by picking
up the whole sleep sack rather than trying to get her out of it.

She's still uncoordinated but, of course, it's only been a couple of
days.

Dee
WMFC