Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:59:42 -0400
Today I have no babies scampering around the extra bedroom, there are
no more water and food dishes, no more treat trays, no more toys and
sleeping facilities. Nothing! The silence is deafening the heart break
is terrible. From a max of 18 personal kids down to my last four, I
realized that age and the things I have put my body through over the
years were taking their toll as it was getting harder for me to get
down on the floor to clean cages and pick up papers.

Then one day I found my little girl Olive barely alive and of course
rushed her to the vets but it was the end of time for her on this earth
she was eight years old, then two weeks later I found Ringo he was two
years old and his time had come as well, another three weeks and I
found my big, dark, old man lacking two months of being 10 very sick
and of course his time as come as well leaving only my 5 year old
Pepper. I took this boy to our shelter and ask Deb to take care of him
until he too crossed the bridge, gave her all the "stuff" including
cages, food etc and told her that any medical bill would be on me as
even though he no longer lives with me I will always be his dad and
will love him forever.

I have buried so many little ones and have wept over each and everyone
of them and I do miss all of them. I will always have my memories and
of course pictures of each and every one.

I know they are on the other side of the bridge, young and healthy and
having a wonderful time, waiting for the day I join them all but until
that day, my heart is heavy, my house is lonely and just too quiet so
until that day comes for you that you cannot take care of your babies
properly, love them, hold them and above all enjoy the time you have
with them.

Thank you all for coming into my life

Patrick