From:
Perkins Alexis C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:10:42 -0400
Hi everyone

I have posted several times before, most recently about getting a buddy for
Madeleine.  Well, we got a buddy - Ingrid - about a month ago, but things
aren't going so well.  Madeleine is about 7 or 8 months, and ingrid is about
4 or 5 months.  Madeleine used to be very playful and hyper, but Ingrid
seems to have been too much for her - she walks aroung hissing at Ingrid,
who doesn't get the jist and keeps trying to play anyway.  Occasionally,
Maddy will play with Ingrid, but seems to be afraid of Ingrid's
energy/ebulience, and hisses the whole time.  So Madeleine has turned into
an old lady - she isn't playful, refusing to play with humans, sleeps a lot,
is getting very fat (perhaps a winter thing), and will actually allow
herself to be held (?).

I have tried separating them for spells to give Madeleine abreak, but it
doesnt seem to help.  I play with Ingrid plenty to try to wear her out some,
and I continue to lavish Madeleine with attention.

Another problem - Ingrid has chewed the hair off of Madeleine's ears.  I put
bitter apple on them, and she loved it, immediately going on an ear frenzy.

What to do??

Thanks for any help

Alexis