From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:03:47 EST
If I could only bottle it.   I would be rich......

Lastnight, thinking I am going to eat my dinner hot.  The only day Monday
that Piccadilly's has liver and onions.  I got a phone call from the
petstore a lady was up there with her two sons.  I told them I am on my
way.  You got it.  They had a ferret they didn't want.  It's another
drama.  But, after I talked to her.  I did thank her for coming in the
store instead of what someone else did weeks ago.  This little girl has
to be approx.  7-8 weeks.  I haven't had a ferret that small or energetic
in this house in a while.  Usually, I take them to the shelter as soon as
I get my hands on them.  But, since I have to take some ferts there on
Sat.  for an overnight stay.  I decided to take her then.  My Y&R actress
will be her host.  I decided this morning to put a bell on the active
little creature.  With her size and energy I could loose her.  Mine have
gotten to be creatures of habit.  Every once in a while one will throw me
for a loop.  What fun to watch her try to run from the sound of the bell.
She is so tired but she won't stop except for a moment break.  I decided
to put her in the frontal pack to ease her down to a slumber or try to
get her on track with the other guys..... We are a routine bunch around
her.  Everyone snuggles in to a schedule.  We usually don't totally wake
up around here until 10 when my husband is away..... What a pleasure to
see one so young and full of happiness... Hopefully, she and some others
will be adopted this weekend.  She has already been to three places in 2
weeks.

Here's a frighten story.... You leave your Mike and Ike's on the coffee
table.  You are thinking Sasha the "Sweet Tooth Bandit" is sleep with her
brother Fang on the couch.  You go up stairs to check your e-mails... You
come downstairs.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, the Mike and Ike's are gone.
You flip up the covers both ferrets are gone.  It was a trap.... You look
by the couch.... The box.... You decide whether to pick it up or not....
Would it be empty or as full as you left it....... You reach down and
pick it up...... There are a lot still left... You sigh.  But, where is
Sasha... I decide it may be a time for ferret lax.  You hear smacking and
you look down.... Sasha has got candy stuck in her teeth....... It
reminds you of a dog with peanut butter..... I reach in and take out as
much as I can.... At least it was one of the red ones...... I hate the
red ones..... I might have put her outside if it was one of the yellow or
orange ones :).  She is safe..... But, no more Mike and Ikes for you my
dear... Nite - Nite.....

We'll off to see if I can thicken this little girl up... Send me and
e-mail of any Halloween Names we can give her...... She has already
figured out how to escape the frontal pack.  The others I have would have
just laid there.  We'll were off...

Hugs to your fur children and sympathy to the fml family who have lost
some.

Benita