From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:34:05 -0500
The Ferret Shelters Directory project is now open for any ferret
shelter worldwide to register. This is a totally new type of directory
established in a collaboration by Support Our Shelters (SOS) and the
Ferret Association of Connecticut (FACT) with the assistance of Nanci
Frazier of Motor City Ferrets and Renee Downs of F.E.R.R.E.T. It is
also going to be a portal dedicated and operated by ferret shelters.
You can read more about it at the FAQS link below.

The Directory is going to be replacing the current SOS listing. The
Directory website has full details on enrolling under Shelter Help on
1) how to register and 2) how to post your shelter. It IS more involved
but will be worth the effort.

We have help available to those who need it. You can contact me at
this email address; leave a message on the Ferret Shelters Directory
Facebook page; or send a note via the Contact Us on the Ferret Shelters
Directory page. Dianna Desrochers (Educated Ferret) or I will be back
in touch and will be happy to give you a hand. Please at least register
for an id and password to the site first if you can as that makes it a
bit easier to help.

There is a special incentive raffle going on for US based shelters
who register early with two prizes. Key dates are Sunday Feb 16th for
bonus entries with the raffle ending March 16th. We wish we could have
offered something to encourage international shelter sign-ups, but
postage just did not allow it. :( We trust our international shelter
friends understand and hope you see the underlying value of this
crucial new shelter networking and adoption tool.

For the public we trust it will give people an alternative to the
"craigslist" ads that so many here in the US have grown to fear. Please
check it out. We are even going to have a way to find shelters to shop
at -- which will be great come time for the Giving Tree! You can BUY
from a shelter in order to GIVE to a shelter kid!

If you are not a shelter, please share the site with any shelter you
know that adopts out ferrets even if they are not a "ferrets only"
shelter. This directory is for ANY organization that rehomes ferrets -
including local humane groups, spca's, vet offices. Please ask them
to sign up. While the "raffle incentive" does not include them, the
website IS for them as well. The goal is to get ferrets homes no matter
who is doing the rehoming! It will also allow us to distribute critical
ferret information locally, nationally, internationally as needed
direct to the people who need it and/or rally help when needed for a
disaster or major rescue event.

Please share this widely! Thank you.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut