From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:55:55 -0800
I took Rupert (1 yr Boy) outside for a walk.  I notice that every 5 to 10
feet he would stop and scratch the ground with his front feet, about 4 to 5
times each foot.  We continued around the house investigating every nook and
cranny, but we continued the scratching of the ground.  My S/O started a
chainsaw on the opposite side of the house, Rupert took off very fast, what
I did notice he went to each place he had scratched the ground and found his
way back to where we started, do you think that he was marking a return
trail?  I would assume that they used their scent glands to mark trails but
since they have been removed I wonder if this is not his answer to absent
scent glands?

Also, Rupert has a tattoo on his head right behind the fold at the top of
his ear.  Could it be that when the breeder went to tattoo his ear he moved
and they tattooed his head?  I am only familar with MF tattoos so I wouldn't
know another breeders identification mark.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Just curious.  My to females are MF and their tattoos are very distinctive.

Jill owned by:
Rupert, Fiona & Energizer B