From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:07:48 -0700
The Wherret Ferrets Shelter was just getting its number down to almost no
adoptable rescue ferrets, but of course that all changed instantaneously.

This weekend we are getting in 11 ferrets from some shoddy little breeder
somebody heard about - she was selling off her ferrets for about $20.00 a
piece, and still having no luck finding them homes.  She asked a friend to
post it on a Vancouver For Sale newsgroup, which somebody then forwarded on
to me.

I e-mailed the woman who posted it for the breeder, and she asked me to
please, please call this woman and try to get them.  Seems the ferrets are
outside in uncovered cages, and the breeder had casually mentioned that she
wasn't sure they would survive in those cages all winter.  So I called her
yesterday and we made a deal to buy them all, something the shelter cannot
afford but one comment she made clinched it.  She said she couldn't afford
to spay them, and couldn't breed them anymore because by now they were all
related.  But the kicker was when she said her daughter had brought one of
the kits in and she hadn't realized they were getting so big.  "Guess I
haven't been out to see them for a few days" she said.

Same woman has a number of puppies and kittens for sale too.

So, B.C. area ferret lovers, if you're in the market for a fuzzy, please
consider us.  The new gang consists of 3 adults and the remainders are kits,
all sables and albinos.  The adults will go out spayed/neutered, the kits
will go out with a spay/neuter contract and certificate.  And here I thought
I was lucky, being down to a mere 25 fuzzies in the house.  Oh it never ends.

We have a few other ferrets for adoption too, and would really like to find
them homes.  Two were dropped off for boarding about 3 months ago, and just
the other day the owner called and said "I want to pay up and I want you to
out them up for adoption."  They were 9 and 14 weeks when she dropped them
off, and they are both wonderful fuzzy beans.

Remember - we've got a lot to choose from!

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver