From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1993 17:27:21 -0400
Regarding my previous medical alert:  It appears that everything is
under control.  We are all a bit on edge after the distemper scare
a while ago, and I guess everyone panicked.  It appears that the
number of deaths isn't anywhere near the number that I was originally
told (simple miscommunications - I think there was that many ill, and
I'm not even sure if they were all related)

I'm sorry if I scared anyone.  It seems there was no cause for alarm.  But,
given the choice of possibly saving lives against the possibility of slight
embarrassment, I'm going to do the exact same thing every time.  If it
were a real epidemic, getting the information out as soon as possible
would be vital.  So I'm not going to sit back and wait a week for my
"official health alert" to come in the mail when I get these calls.
I'm sure you can all understand that, and hopefully agree with it.

I'll try to find out more details of what really happened for you later.

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets