From:
Jonathan Chrisawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 12:07:38 -0500
I've only been on this list a few days, and I have to tell you how happy I
am to hear from people who know about these little guys!  I've been a
ferret owner for about three years know.  Words cannot express the joy
they've brought me.  But looking toward the future bothers me.  I live in
Texas, and there aren't many people around here who know a ferret from a
squirrel.  (My favorite line was when someone would see me walking around
with Bandit (my oldest and self proclaimed king of all ferrets great and
small!) perched on my shoulder and would ask if he bites because they saw
"Kindergarten Cop".) I don't know how to find a decent vet around here who
can help me.  Part of the problem is that ferrets are illegal here
according to what city you live in (I know...I know...It's ignorant!).  I'm
not sure if they're legal in my area or not (I don't really care!).  I've
got a bunch of questions and no one to ask...UNTIL NOW!

I've got three fuzzies.  I feed them once a day with about 3/4 cup of Iams
Kitten food.  I'm not home much, so they don't get out of their cage all
that often :-{.  They seem to be thriving though.  My question is how do
you know how much to feed them?  Feeding time is more of a feeding frenzy
since all three ferrets are together at all times and they all get fed at
once.  It's each furry for him/herself!  Is this a bad practice?  Do I need
to switch them to adult formula Iams for health reasons?  I NEED HELP!  It
would KILL me if anything happened to my "children."
More questions later...

Jonathan (What have I gotten myself into?), Bandit (I'd kill for a shoe!), Mo
(Would someone just rub me on the head?), & little Gipsy (Where's
Bandit?  I don't Trust him.)