From:
June McNicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:00:36 +0100
Well, the several posts on bald tails, possum-tailed ferrets and the general
anguish that all this can cause, has finally prompted me to de-lurk to make
a short (hopefully reassuring) post.  Some of my ferrets displayed
incredible hair loss on their tails this year, a real mega-moult.  Most of
them were young-middle-aged ferrets, about four years,and they'd had thin
tails before but I've never had quite this extent of loss.  Three were
completely bald and two were just covered with wispy hair (which looked even
worse than the completely bald ons!) I did nothing, just made sure they were
fit, well and happy as usual, and now - well, you should see their tails
(only six weeks later).  Their winter coats are growing through and with it -
beautiful, thick, luxurious tails.  So, fear not.  If your ferret is
generally healthy, and it's just moult-time,you probably just have to wait a
little.

Regards
June