From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:33:01 -0600
I have just paid the "bail fee" of $100 to rescue a ferret out of a
"for sale to anyone with money" situation.  The ferret is an absolutely
gorgeous blaze ferret.  He is about 11 months old, altered, and not deaf
(hopefully he will stay that way).

He had been an only ferret and really prefers to stay that way.  I have
had him for 2 weeks, and tried a number of getting acquainted methods to
help him get along with Doris, Cutie, and Chance (my three fur kids).

The result was awful.  At first it was just a little of the regular "I'm
more dominant than you" type of arguing.  But then it turned vicious.
Chance and Jackson "the new one" just went after each other.  They were
both out for blood.

Jackson has also tried to go after Cutie and Doris.  The amazing part is
that he is absolutely wonderful with people.  He has never had toys and
has found one here that he absolutely loves. :-)  It is always fun
watching a ferret discover toys and treats for the first time.

Ok, so here is the deal.  I am willing to "adopt" out Jackson to a home
where he is an only ferret.  He will be sent with the necessary supplies
to keep him happy and safe.  I want to make it clear that Jackson has a
home here if no suitable home can be found.  However, if I could find him
a home with an older person that wants a ferret, and after I inspect the
area where he will be kept, then I would be glad to adopt him out.

If you are within a couple hours of Ogden, UT and would like to adopt
Jackson or if you know of someone that would like to adopt Jackson,
please contact me.

Thanks,
Jason Poole